Fruit custard is a dessert made by mixing chopped seasonal fruits with chilled cusard sauce.
How to make custard without custard powder
Custard powder is nothing but corn starch or corn flour with flavoring ingredients added to it. So If you are not accessible to custard powder, you can make your own using corn flour (corn starch) or arrowroot powder.
To flavor the custard, just use vanilla extract or vanilla bean pod. To enhance the flavor of custard you can also use 3 to 4 tbsp dry milk powder.
INGREDIENTS (1 CUP = 240ML )
• 2 cups milk
• 2 or 2 ½ tablespoons custard powder
• 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
Fruits of your choice (I have added👇🏻)
• 1 apple – medium sized
• Grapes – few
• Peach – medium sized
• 1 Orange – medium sized
HOW TO MAKE THE RECIPE
• Rinse the fruits thoroughly and chill them in the refrigerator
How to make custard
• Heat milk in a wide pan or sauce pot.
• Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
• Meanwhile add custard powder to a small cup.
• Then pour 3 to 4 tbsp of milk to it. Stir well. Make sure it is free from any lumps.
• When the milk turns hot, pour 2 tbsp of the mix to the hot milk. Stir it until well incorporated.
• Repeat adding little more and stir well. Pour the rest of the mix and stir well to prevent lumps.
• Keep stirring and cook on a low to medium heat until the custard turns thick.
• Switch off the stove and whisk the custard well to make it smooth. Cover immediately.
• Cool this completely and refrigerate
How to make fruit custard
• Whisk the custard well before serving. This ensures even and smooth fruit custard.
• Peel and chop the fruits to bite size. Add them to serving bowl or individual serving cups.
• Pour the custard over the fruits and gently mix.
• Serve fruit custard immediately.
Hope you like it share with your friends and family 💕