Homemade cream of mushroom soup is full flavoured and so easy to make in the instant pot pressure cooker!
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 onion diced
• 4 cloves garlic minced
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 250 g fresh mushrooms sliced
• 1-2 teaspoons salt adjust to taste
• 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• Cooking cream
• Oregano to garnish
• Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting.
• Add in the butter, once the butter has melted add the onion, garlic and saute for 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
• Then add in the Mushrooms & Season with salt, pepper and Cumin powder & stir. Pour in the 4 cups of chicken broth.
• Close the lid ,Set the Instant Pot to the Soup setting
• Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, it should take about 10 minutes. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.
• Taste the soup for seasoning and adjust if necessary according to your taste buds 😋. Garnish with Croutons, fresh cream and oregano/parsley.