Chicken porridge is one of my favorite dishes, especially during Ramadan, Make this super easy and delicious recipe within 20 minutes with the help of instant pot duo 6!
To cook rice and chicken
* Oil- 2 tbsp
* Cloves -2 to 3
* Cinnamon – 1 small piece
* Star anise -1 piece
* Onion, chopped small- 1
* Garlic -2 to 3 cloves
* Green chili, chopped- 1
* Carrot -1 * Peas – needed amount * Chicken, cut small- 1 chicken breasts
* Tomatoes, chopped- 1
* Chili powder- 1 tsp
* Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
* Coriander powder- 1 tsp
* White Rice, (jeerakasala)- ½ cups
* Water- 1 1/2 cups
* Salt- 1 tsp
After cooking rice and chicken
* Fresh cream -2 tbsp (or )
* Coconut milk- 2 cups
* Water- to thin down the porridge
* Coriander – chopped
* Salt- if needed
1. Switch ON the Instant Pot Duo 6 and press saute option and add oil.
2. Along with that add cloves, cinnamon, star anise and onion, and saute for a few minutes.
3. Add Onion& tomatoes and cook till mashed
4. Add carrots and peas into it
5. Add chicken, season with ¼ tsp salt combine well.
6. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder,Combine well and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add in the rice
8. Add 1 1/2 cups water, combine well.
9. Press porridge option in the instant pot duo 6!
10. And close the lid
11. Once it’s done add fresh cream or coconut milk (here I am adding coconut milk).
12. Add 2 cups water to thin it down.
13. Add salt according to your taste buds
14. Add some coriander leaves for garnishing!
15. Serve hot and enjoy!