Ramadan is a the most blessed month of the year where we observe fasting , praying and feasting !!!
I have collaborated with my fellow bloggers to showcase foods of Ramadan that are ideal for Iftar meal!!
I present to you all
”chicken and rice porridge ”
To cook rice and chicken
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cloves -2 to 3
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Star anise -1 piece
- Onion, chopped small- 1
- Garlic -2 to 3 cloves
- Green chili, chopped- 1
- Carrot -1 * Peas – needed amount * Chicken, cut small- 1 chicken breasts
- Tomatoes, chopped- 1
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- White Rice, (jeerakasala)- ½ cups
- Water- 1 1/2 cups
- Salt- 1 tsp
After cooking rice and chicken
- Fresh cream -2 tbsp (or )
- Coconut milk- 2 cups
- Water- to thin down the porridge
- Coriander – chopped
- Salt- if needed
1. Place a pressure cooker or large pot over medium heat, add oil.
2. Add cloves, cinnamon, star anise and onion, season with ¼ tsp salt and saute for a few minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook till mashed
4. Add carrots and peas into it
5. Add chicken, combine well.
6. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder,Combine well and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add rice along with coriander chopped.
8. Add 1 1/2 cups water, combine well.
9. Cook the rice and chicken till it has cooked well- for 20 minutes.
10. If using pressure cooker cook till 2 to 3 whistles.
11. After the rice and chicken have cooked well, add fresh cream or coconut milk (here I am adding fresh cream).
12. Add 2 cups water to thin it down.
13. Add salt according to your taste buds
14. Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves for garnishing!
15. Serve hot and enjoy!
•When the porridge gets cold it will thicken up, so before you serve, heat the porridge with little water if you prefer or just serve as thick soup.
•Leftover can be refrigerated and microwave before serving it.
Adding fried small onions is optional, you could even add fried onion- enhances the taste of this porridge greatly.
Follow me on Instagram 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻
riyadh #riyadhfood #riyadhfoodies #dubai #dubailife #dubaifoodies #dubaifood #malabarfood #keralafood #kerala #chennai #chennaifoodie #instagood #instadaily #instagram #insta #iftar #iftarrecipes #iftarideas #saudiarabia #masalaporridge #porridge #photography #photooftheday #food #foodphotographer #foodiesofinstagram #foodiesofindia #hungry
Hope you all like it💕
5 thoughts on “Chicken & Rice Porridge”
This recipe looks so healthy and delicious.
Will definitely try it! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot love!
Hope you like it😋
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve been wanting to experiment more with coconut milk. This sounds good!
Have a blessed start to a fresh week!