Nadan mutton curry is a very traditional curry with all the authentic flavors of Kerala spices.This is an easy mutton curry recipe. Hope you all will try this recipe and please don’t forget to post your comments below. The detailed recipe with step by step cooking pictures follows.
Mutton – 1/2 kg
Coconut Oil – 3-4 tbsp
Green chilly- 3
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Tomato – 1
Chilli powder – 1 1/2 Tsp
Coriander powder- 2 Tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
Pepper powder- 1/2 Tsp
Garam masala – 1 Tsp
Fennel powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add curry leaves, ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes
- Then add onion and salt.when the onion turns into transparent add shallot and green chilly.if you don’t have shallots add one more onion into it.
- Saute the onion till it becomes brown shade. Then add all the masala powders into it and saute well in medium flame
- Add tomato and cook till the oil oozes out.now add mutton into it and cook for 5 min.
- Add salt according to your taste.keep flame in medium, close the pressure cooker and cook for 5 whistles.
- Season with shallots and curry leaves.
Happy cooking with liba👩🏻🍳